This section is designed to provide parents and students with important information about district resources, food services, transportation and more.
If you would like additional information or have questions about other district resources, please use our Contact Us form.
If you need assistance in accessing any information on this website, please contact Website Accessibility Coordinator Katlin Stiles at 989-705-3080 or email@example.com.
Teacher & Support Staff COVID-19 Grant Information
The Michigan Department of Treasury has released details regarding the grant program approved for teachers and school support staff. This grant has also been referred to as the Michigan Department of Treasury Hazard Pay. The legislation that appropriated the funding has established the criteria that must be met in order for individuals to be considered eligible for the funds. These funds will be processed directly by the Department of Treasury and mailed to the eligible recipients.
Teachers will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Prior to the issuance of Executive Order 2020-35, the teacher performed at least 75% of their standard instructional workload in a brick and mortar classroom at the District.
2. After issuance of Executive Order 2020-35, the teacher with an assigned class provided continuity of learning to students (developed tools and methods to deliver distance learning, take-home packets, or other methods described in the continuity of learning plan) during the 2019-2020 period of school closure that resulted from COVID-19.
3. The teacher certifies to the District, via the Form 5734, that he or she worked additional time spent outside of normal working hours, experienced hazardous conditions, or incurred additional costs related to ensuring students could effectively participate in the District's continuity of learning plan. This form will be reviewed by the district for eligibility. If the teacher was employed in a part-time capacity, the hazard pay will be prorated to meet their portion fulfilled.
School support staff will need to meet the following eligibility requirements:
1. Prior to the issuance of Executive Order No. 2020-35, the school support staff (a K-12 full-time or part-time para-professional, aide, or non-instructional staff) performed at least 75% of their workload in a brick and mortar school building at a district.
2. The school support staff certifies to the District, via the Form 5734, that he or she worked additional time spent outside of normal working hours, experienced hazardous conditions, or incurred additional costs related to providing student services during the COVID19 pandemic. This form will be reviewed by the district for eligibility. If the support staff was employed in a part-time capacity, the hazard pay will be prorated to meet their portion fulfilled.
If you believe you meet all of the criteria listed on Form 5734, please print, legibly complete, sign, date, and return the document to Katlin Stiles at Central Office no later than DECEMBER 4, 2020. You can send this via US mail (615 South Elm Avenue, Gaylord 49735) or via email (firstname.lastname@example.org). All appropriate areas must be completed. The name, address, and social security number that you record on this form will be forwarded to the Department of Treasury. Please note: If you are unaware of your Personal Identification Code (PIC), you may leave that field blank and we will look that number up for you.
• GCS provides notification of grant program to staff via email and website by November 9, 2020.
• Teachers and support staff that believe they meet criteria return completed form to GCS by December 4, 2020.
• GCS submits list of eligible teachers and support staff to Michigan Department of Treasury by December 16, 2020.
• Michigan Department of Treasury mails checks on or about February 25, 2021 to the address of residency on Form 5734.
Teacher and Support Staff Grant Program Resources
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
• Public Act 166 of 2020
• Section 949p of Public Act 166 of 2020 Teachers
• Section 949q of Public Act 166 of 2020 Support Staff
State of the Community Presentation
MEAP & Michigan Merit Examination
You will automatically receive calls to your phones. However, you will need to “opt in” if you wish to receive text messages through the new system. If you would like to receive texts and have not yet opted in, please text “Y” to 67587.
You will be able to opt out of these text messages at any time by simply replying “stop” to any one of our messages.
Parents and staff members will now have the ability to decide which types of calls they would like to receive on which devices. Create an account in the School Messenger Info. Center to make your selections. You may also opt out of any type of telephone notification by pressing "5" during the call.
School Messenger also has a free app available at the App Store and Google Play.
McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act
Please contact the Superintendent's Office or GCS McKinney-Vento Liaison, Karla Hawkins, if you qualify for services available to students under the McKinney-Vento Homeless Assistance Act.
Superintendent's Office - 989-705-3009
Mrs. Karla Hawkins - email@example.com - 989-705-3018.
McKinney-Vento Dispute Resolution Procedure
Pamela K. Kies-Lowe
Homeless Education Consultant/State Coordinator for Homelss Education
Michigan Deptartment of Education
Office of Field Services, Special Populations Unit
608 W. Allegan Street
P.O. Box 30008
Lansing, MI 48909
The Sound of Your Voice is a short animated video that encourages parents to talk with their young adults about the consequences of underage alcohol use.
Volunteer Request Form
Athletic Physical Form
Directory Information Opt-Out Form
COVID-19 School Health Screening Agreement
Consent for Disclosure of Immunization Information
Network/Internet Access Agreement for Students
Parent Apple ID Creation Instructions
Alcona Health Center Referral Form
Alcona Health Center Parent-Guardian Consent for Treatment Revised 11-16
Alcona Health Center Rights & Responsibilities
Alcona Health Center Release of Information
Alcona Health Center HIPPA Notice of Privacy Practice