Welcome to North Ohio Elementary's Counselor Corner!
There have been many changes in the last few weeks and we are all learning how to navigate these changes together. Please remember that the staff at North Ohio Elementary are here to help you and we miss you!
Below you will find a link to the GCS Student Support Form to request virtual counseling assistance through Ms. LaPointe, as well as links for additional mental health and social/emotional resources.
Many families may have parents/caregivers that are laid off and may have lost their health insurance. Here is information we can share with them, to help them get health care coverage for their children.
- Free or low cost health coverage for children under the age of 19 or pregnant women of any age. Go to MIBridges at www.mibridges.michigan.gov/access or call the MI Child and Healthy Kids number: 888.988.6300.
- Michigan Model for Health Family Resource Sheets on germs, stopping spread, and stress management https://drive.google.com/open?id=1SkB86btzegxYAzN13DPw1sTkbdUu9i22 (you will need to download)
- Coping Infographic Helping Children Cope with Stress During COVID-19 Infographic
- HealthyHomes Action for Healthy Kids-Healthy Activities to do at home It includes ideas from nutrition to relaxation techniques, yoga, etc...
- Resilience Sounds True - Resilience in Challenging Times
- Free access to daily video sessions sharing practical guidance and empowering insights from our recent online summits.
- Community connection—"Physical distancing" does not have to mean "social distancing," so we'll be offering opportunities to come together online for group meditations and Facebook Live meetings. Let's gather, learn, and support each other!
- Free webinars addressing hw to stay strong and centered with some of our most popular authors, including Michael Singer, Caroline Myss, and others.