School of Choice
Gaylord Community Schools
2011-12 SCHOOL OF CHOICE OPPORTUNITIES
Gaylord Community Schools is accepting applications for enrollment in all grade levels from residents living in communities outside of the Gaylord Community School District. The application is below or at 615 South Elm Street. Deadline to apply is September 9, 2011.
The application form for School of Choice is located at the bottom of this page.
2011-12 CTE OPPORTUNITIES
Gaylord Community Schools has the following Career & Technical Education (Vocational) Program openings available for
students for the 2011-12 school year:
Accounting I & II
- These courses are designed to develop the skills of accounting principles and theory.
Automotive Technology I & II
- These courses are designed to teach automotive techniques in regard to the NATEF certification process.
Integrated Computer Applications & Advanced Integrated Computer Applications
- These computer courses incorporate all of the Microsoft Suite Software programs.
Culinary Arts & Advanced & Culinary Arts
- These courses concentrate on cooking in the food service industry as related to restaurant service.
Marketing I & II
- These courses are designed to develop skills in major occupational areas of marketing.
- These courses are designed to provide an awareness of entrepreneurial opportunities in the field of Agricultural Sciences.
- This course focuses on the individual and his/her responsibilities as parents.
Medical Occupations & Advanced Medical Occupations
- These courses provide instruction in basic health care, then students are placed in an independent work experience in a health care work site.
For more information about these programs, contact Mike Stefanski, Gaylord High School Principal, 90 Livingston Blvd. Gaylord,
MI 49735 (989/731-0969).
The GCS Career and Technical Education program follows the district’s policies of nondiscrimination on the basis of race, color,
religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight, marital status or any other legally protected
characteristic in all programs, activities, and employment. In addition, arrangements can be made to ensure that the lack of
English language skills is not a barrier to admission or participation. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies should be
directed to: Civil Rights Coordinator, Gaylord Community Schools, 615 S. Elm St. Gaylord, MI 49735 (989/705-3080)