http://www.applitrack.com/gaylordk12/onlineapp/jobpostings/view.asp?internaltransferform.Url=Welcome to the GCS employment page. If you are interested in viewing or applying for an open position, please choose the appropriate link to the left.
For more information regarding current vacancies or substitute opportunities, please contact the GCS Personnel Office at 989-705-3010 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Substitute Teacher and Support Staff Positions
We welcome you to join Gaylord Community Schools as a substitute! Substitute teachers and support staff members are contracted through EDUStaff, LLC.
- NEW! All substitutes will receive $57.00 toward the cost of the criminal history check when they fill GCS positions a total of 10 times beginning on November 21, 2016.
- NEW! Substitute teachers working under a substitute permit will also receive $45.00 toward the cost of their substitute permit after their 10th day of subbing beginning on November 21, 2016.
- All substitutes receive a free lunch from our amazing food service department each time they work in our schools.
1) Go to www.EDUStaff.org.
2) In the top left hand corner, click “Start Application”.
3) Complete the online application.
4) Call EDUStaff at 877.974.6338 with any questions.
- Substitute Teacher: $80/day
- Substitute Secretary: $10.46/hour
- Substitute Educational Assistant: $8.90/hour
- Substitute Media Technician: $8.90/hour
- Substitute Food Service Helper: $8.90/hour
Substitute Bus Driver Hiring Procedure
Gaylord Community Schools are now scheduling bus driver training sessions for individuals interested in becoming substitute school bus drivers. If you are interested in joining a team of dedicated individuals committed to safely transporting our children each day, please click on the "Start an application for employment" link on this page and complete the bus driver application to begin the process.
(All items in STEP ONE
| A. Online bus driver application is completed and applicant is contacted
for an interview.
B. Successful applicants are directed to complete criminal history report
(fingerprints) to be provided to the district.
C. Applicant rides with GCS bus driver on two afternoon routes and one
(All items in STEP TWO
| Applicant completes pre-employment drug/alcohol training, and has pre-employment
drug test and pre-employment physical exam.
(All items in STEP THREE
| A. District provides CDL training.
B. Applicant takes CDL tests.
|STEP FOUR||Applicant is accepted as a relief bus driver.|
GCS Criminal History Check Procedures
It is the policy of Gaylord Community Schools that no person shall, on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, gender, age, disability, height, weight, marital status or any other legally protected characteristic be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination during any program, activity, service or in employment.